Garden (46) Sewing (39) House (32) Chickens (27) Pregnancy (27) Me (26) Flowers (18) Vegetables (18) Landscaping (17) Wedding! (17) Fruit (15) Job (15) GRASS (13) Trees (12) Fit (11) Knitting (11) Slimming (11) #100HappyDays (10) Mess (10) Plants (10) Rain (9) Bag (8) Cooking (7) Pests (6) Wool (6) Baby (5) Eggs (5) Money (5) Random Craft (5) Running (5) Sewing Room (5) Creepy Crawlies (4) Crochet (4) Cross Stitch (4) Decorating (4) Doggy! (4) Gym (4) New Mum (4) Orchid (4) Shop (4) Shopping (4) University (4) Wine (4) Breastfeeding (3) Christmas (3) Dressmaking (3) Food (3) Painting (3) Damsons (2) Fox (2) Health (2) Pinterest (2) Review (2) Squawking (2) Wildlife (2) parenthood (2) BBQ! (1) Gadgets (1) Labour (1) Music (1) Tutorial (1)

Friday, 25 April 2014


When we first moved mum donated me her old mannequin which she never used (a bit like her sewing machine these days). I don't know where it came from or if she ever even used it come to think of it.

 The colour scheme in my sewing room is blue, pink and white, so the very red fabric really wouldn't have gone! So the plan was to sand down the wooden stand, paint it white and recover it with a lovely pink fabric.

So this afternoon I took it apart ready to make new again, and all I found was a rusty mess!!

The original fabric was also on it, which to begin with, excited me as I thought I might find something fabulous underneath. But it was just horrible! so dusty and dirty and just fell apart upon touching...

As as far to say this is as far as this project went! Now its in the bin and i'm looking at new ones on eBay!! You can get them in your specific dress size which would be useful! I have brought some patterns recently and would really quite like to get into dressmaking sometime soon so look forward to using a mannequin!

No comments:

Post a Comment