Garden (46) Sewing (39) House (32) Chickens (27) Pregnancy (27) Me (26) Flowers (18) Vegetables (18) Landscaping (17) Wedding! (17) Fruit (15) Job (15) GRASS (13) Trees (12) Fit (11) Knitting (11) Slimming (11) #100HappyDays (10) Mess (10) Plants (10) Rain (9) Bag (8) Cooking (7) Pests (6) Wool (6) Baby (5) Eggs (5) Money (5) Random Craft (5) Running (5) Sewing Room (5) Creepy Crawlies (4) Crochet (4) Cross Stitch (4) Decorating (4) Doggy! (4) Gym (4) New Mum (4) Orchid (4) Shop (4) Shopping (4) University (4) Wine (4) Breastfeeding (3) Christmas (3) Dressmaking (3) Food (3) Painting (3) Damsons (2) Fox (2) Health (2) Pinterest (2) Review (2) Squawking (2) Wildlife (2) parenthood (2) BBQ! (1) Gadgets (1) Labour (1) Music (1) Tutorial (1)

Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Vu Déjá

This week has been the first week in ages that I have put my sewing cap back on. After the wedding, time has been spent either at work or in the garden.

So, after dunking my phone in the toilet yesterday morning (after peeing but before flushing - yuck!), I decided to spend the day in my lovely sewing room. To start myself off I made one of my all time favourite makes, a bag. This time I have made a back pack!

I would say that I followed a tutorial I found on pinterest but that's not entirely true. The only thing it was good for was the pattern pieces. The rest of it was useless pictures and very little info! Luckily I have had a bit of practice in the bag department. Not the best picture of it really either as it's not actually finished yet! I dunno if all denim is the same but this denim left me with very blue hands! Therefore before finishing I decided to hand wash it, which I did about 24hrs ago and it's still not completely dry! It needs the button catch on the front and the inside lining finishing off... and a good iron.

But all this wasn't actually the reason for writing this blog post. Getting crafty yesterday spurred me on to actually do something with the wedding bunting.... Operation Quilt has begun!!

I did feel like I had gone back in time by a few months. Déjá vu, only in reverse! I really couldn't be bothered to unpick every stitch so instead I just cut the edges off. I'm glad I decided this too as I ended up trimming them even smaller in order to make my pattern work.

They need a bit of trimming up but on the whole I am pretty happy so far. I am just making it up as I go along so were see what the end result will be... So far I have only cut up 2 of the 12m bunting lengths and the odd leftovers which were used on the top table. So at this rate I will still be giving it away or selling it! I aim to make a 72x90 inch 'twin' quilt. It will have two special panels which have been made by a special friend of mine!

Ill probably border all of the octagons too so that the colours are broken a little as it's rather bright as it is. I feel it needs more pink too. Were see what happens!

1 comment: